netlogicdc is a fast-growing IT solutions provider in the DC metropolitan area. We’ve been around since 2005, offering a full range of IT services such as help desk, infrastructure design, and security auditing. Our friendly and responsive service, work environment, as well as our proactive support model differentiate us from the rest.
We’re looking for a Junior Network Engineer to join our technical ranks. This role acts in support of our Network Engineers. You will provide help desk/I.T. support to our clients throughout the work-day. About 60% of the work you do will be remote, offered from our office. The rest will be spent at client sites, offering onsite I.T. support.
A perfect candidate for this is a confident, knowledgeable, desktop support technician that knows the latest desktop and laptop hardware inside and out. This position is full-time, Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offering desktop computer support to our clients, remotely and onsite.
- Delivering new and/or repaired hardware to client sites and installing.
- Configuring all new systems that arrive at our HQ, and delivering/installing them at client sites.
- Reformatting computers (XP,7, 8).
- Supporting our Network Engineers and Senior Engineers in their support efforts.
- Troubleshooting and replacing defective hardware/software.
- 1 years of demonstrable desktop support experience (supporting Windows XP and newer).
- Desktop hardware expertise. You should be able to assemble a computer from scratch, and/or diagnose issues with ease.
- Familiarity with network hardware, and its configuration (e.g.- routers, firewalls).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organizational skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Good driving record.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- A total of 2 years of demonstrable desktop support experience.
- One or more of the following certifications: A+, Network+, MCITP
- Salary: $35K+, depending on experience.
- Healthcare allowance.
- Deep discounts on Lenovo hardware.
- A wonderful work environment that is relaxed and welcoming.
- Long-term disability.
- Life insurance.
Important stuff you should know
- Please no calls or unsolicited visits in regards to this position.
- If you do not hear from us within 30 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
- A cover letter is required, and writing an original one is strongly recommended.
- We will ask you to demonstrate your I.T. experience to the extent detailed in the qualifications section at time of interview.
- Have more experience? Check out our mid-level Network Engineer opening, and see if that's a better fit. Don't apply to both.